- Break Down Comprehension Strategies by Subskills
"Break Down Comprehension Strategies by Subskills"
Reading comprehension instruction targets six ways to think about texts. This includes how to:
- retell and summarize the author's ideas,
- determine the main idea of a passage,
- visualize author ideas,
- question and evaluate the author's choices,
- make connections,
- and synthesize bigger ideas.
However, NONE of these comprehension strategies is taught in a single mini-lesson.
Subscribers are able to view the full article and accompanying video.
Questions: Contact webPD | 1-888-376-0448